Thursday, February 18, 2010

Broccoli Cheese Soup

I have to give credit for this one to my friend Courtney who put it in our Mothers of Preschoolers newsletter. A great recipe for busy moms of picky kids! It makes a LOT...I'd estimate 8-10 servings. It freezes really well.

4 cups water
4 chicken bouillon cubes
2 pkg. frozen chopped broccoli (NOT florets)
1 cup chopped raw onion (I leave this out for my onion-phobic hubby and it's still yummy)
1/2 large bag frozen cube-style hash browns
2 cans cream of chicken soup
1 lb. Velveeta, cubed

Optional:
1 bag frozen crinkle cut carrots
sauteed sliced mushrooms

Dissolve bouillon cubes in boiling water in a large pot. When dissolved, add broccoli, onion, carrots and hash browns. Boil 5 minutes or until tender. Reduce heat to medium, add cream of chicken soup and Velveeta. Cook until cheese is melted. Add mushrooms, cook until heated through.

For thicker soup cook 15 min. on low. For thinner soup add up to 2 cups water.

No comments: