Monday, May 5, 2008

Pineapple Chicken

1 ½ cup catsup
1 can pineapple chunks (drained)
½ cup brown sugar
1/3 cup white wine

Mix above ingredients together and pour mixture over chicken in a 9x13 pan. My mom always served this with thighs and legs but my husband prefers breasts as he hates chicken on the bone. I think the thighs and legs turn out moister but either works. Use about 5-8 pieces of chicken whatever fits in the pan.
Bake chicken pieces 45 minutes at 350 degrees. Salt and pepper if desired. Serve over white or brown rice.

Side dish suggestions: green salad, rolls

This dish is really fast to make and tastes delicious.

1 comment:

jenylu said...

White verses dark -- I trade off between the boneless skinless breasts, and the boneless skinless thighs. Scott really prefers the thighs and though I've been a white meat girl my whole life, I'm starting to realize those thighs do have good flavor.

I'll try this recipe soon -- sounds easy!!