My whole family loved this, including my 1 and 4 year old daughters! I think they like the dipping element.
from Patti Boston, out of the Fix-it and Forget-it Cookbook
1 large onion, sliced (fine without it for onion-haters)
3 lb. beef bottom roast (fat trimmed, if desired)
1/2 cup dry white wine, or water
1 pkg. dry au jus gravy mix
2 cups beef broth
1. Place onion, if using, in slow cooker. Add roast.
2. Combine wine and gravy mix. Pour over roast.
3. Add enough broth to cover roast.
4. Cover, cook on high 5-6 hours, or low 10-12 hours.
5. Remove meat from liquid. Let stand 5 min. before slicing thinly across the grain. Serve on Kaiser or French rolls with au jus on the side.