Sunday, October 2, 2011

Persimmon Pudding

I absolutely love Fall {who doesn't} and all the tasty treats that come with it. Here is one that I haven't made for awhile but definitely would like to make this season if I can find ripe persimmons in the grocery store. Although it is called "pudding" it really reminds me of dark gingerbread. My mom would make it and serve it with whipped cream. I think I'm going to have to try it with coconut whipped cream because I'm sure that would be incredible with this. 
Preheat oven at 350 degrees.

1/3 cup melted butter
1 beaten egg
1 cup sieved ripened Persimmons
½ teaspoon vanilla
½ cup milk

1 cup sugar
1 cup flour
 2 teaspoons baking soda
1 teaspoon cinnamon
½ teaspoon salt

Combine the two mixtures. Stir thoroughly, pour into buttered baking dish and place in shallow pan of hot water, cover and bake at 350 for 1 hour. Remove, cover, and brown for 10 more minutes. Serve with cream.
*Prepare one recipe at a time. Do NOT double!

No comments: