Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Slow Cooker Orange Chicken

As a mom of young children, I LOVE using my slow cooker, but sometimes the recipes all start tasting the same! I found this refreshingly different one on kraft.com. Of course it doesn't have the breading of traditional orange chicken but it does come out with a nice caramelized finish. My two daughters even liked it!

Prep: 10 min. Total: 8 hours 10 min.

8 small boneless skinless chicken thighs (1 lb)
3 Tbsp. flour
1/3 cup orange marmalade
1/3 cup barbecue sauce
2 Tbsp. soy sauce
1 Tbsp. grated fresh gingerroot (I used 1 tsp. ground ginger)

Toss chicken with flour in slow cooker.

Stir in all remaining ingredients; cover with lid.

Cook on low 6-8 hours or high 3-4 hours. Serve over rice. Makes 4 servings.

1 comment:

Lori T said...

Alissa linked to this. I had NO idea you blogged!! Love it! Thanks for an easy recipe, too.