Monday, March 30, 2020

Quick Brazilian Cheese Rolls

I'm not sure where I found this recipe originally. I think it may have been on Our Best Bites. These are Brazilian cheese rolls (puffs) and they are delicious! If you need a gluten free side for a meal, these are our go to! Everyone loves them and they are quick and easy to make.

Quick Brazilian Cheese Rolls

1 large egg
1/2 cup milk
1/4 cup oil (I use olive but you can use whatever you prefer)
1 cup tapioca flour (also known as tapioca starch)
1/2 tsp kosher salt
1/4 cup grated cheddar cheese
1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
Optional: pour the batter into your pan and then sprinkle lightly with salt, cheese or herbs

Place ingredients except for cheese in blender and blend until smooth. Add cheeses and blend just a tiny bit. Pour into mini-muffin tins. Spray first with oil. Bake at 400 degrees F for 15-20 minutes. They should fall right out when they are done. I had three mini muffin pans. They stuck to one of them every time and fell out of the other two. I ended up getting rid of the pan they stuck to.

No comments: