Friday, April 25, 2008

Chicken a la King

So, I haven't made this one yet, but I'm planning to make it this weekend. If it do, I'll upload photos. It's one of the featured "5 in 30" recipes in my Giant Supermarket mailer this week (5 ingredients - not counting the oil - with 30 minute prep time).

Chicken a la King
serves: 4

1 lb. boneless, skinless chicken breast
1 tube refrigerated biscuits (4.5 oz)
2 cups frozen peas and carrots
1 can (10.75 oz) cream of celery soup
1/4 C + 2Tbsp half-and-half
1 Tbsp oil

Preheat oven according to directions on biscuits. Cut chicken into small chunks. Brown in large skillet in 1 Tbsp oil, stirring frequently (about 5-6 minutes). Bake biscuits in oven as directed on package. Meanwhile, add frozen peas and carrots to skillet with chicken. Mix in soup and half-and-half. Simmer 5-10 minutes on medium-low heat, while biscuits bake. Serve chicken a la king over biscuit halves.

Nutrition Information Per Serving (with one whole biscuit) is:
350 calories, 15 g total fat, 4 g saturated fat, 80 mg cholesterol, 25 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 29 g protein, 980 mg sodium

I'll let you know if I actually make it or not :)

1 comment:

Susan said...

So... I haven't made it yet (hence no photo) but it's in my "quick and easy" list, so maybe sometime I'll get around to it...