Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Chicken Main Dish

This is my favorite dinner that I always request on my birthday or when I'm visiting my mom. It's super fast to make and can be frozen (without the breadcrumbs) and cooked later. I didn't like mushrooms growing up until I realized that my favorite dish had mushrooms in it. They're not overpowering but if you're not a mushroom person, you can leave them out and change the soup to cream of chicken (I don't think it's as tasty but that's how my sister makes it.)

Chicken Main Dish

Preheat oven to 350.

5-6 chicken breasts: Cook in boiling water and de-bone if needed, cut into bite size pieces.

Mix together with:
1 large can mushrooms (8 ounces) or sautéed.
2 cans cream of mushroom soup
1 pint sour cream (can be fat-free or regular)

Pour mixture into 9x13 baking dish.

Melt 1/2 stick of margarine with 1/2 bag of seasoned Pepperidge Farms Stuffing (crushed) and pour over top of above mixture to make topping. Bake 350 degrees until brown on top and thoroughly heated. The creamy part will be bubbling up around the sides.

1 comment:

Sarah Kuhner said...

When I made this for a family that had a baby, the dad said that I was a better cook than his wife. I'm sure he didn't really mean that, but it does say how yummy this dinner is. It freezes well and it reheats well too.