So glad you came up with this idea of a shared blog on meals! (What a source of stress meal planning gets to be!) Below is one my hubby loves, especially while watching football! Let me know if you have questions! Enjoy
Creamy White Chili
Great with some french bread or in a bread bowl!
Source: Taste of Home Magazine
Yield: Serves 2-4 (depends how hungry you are!)
1 lb boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into ½ inch cubes
1 med onion, chopped
1 ½ tsp garlic powder or about 5-6 cloves of garlic
1 Tbsp veg oil
2 cans (15 ½oz each) great northern beans, drained and rinsed
1 can (14 ½oz) chicken broth
2 cans (4oz each) chopped green chilies
1 tsp salt
1 tsp ground cumin
1 tsp dried oregano
½ tsp pepper
¼ tsp cayenne pepper
1 cup (8oz) sour cream
½ cup whipping cream (or light cream is fine)
1. In a large saucepan sauté chicken, onion and garlic powder in oil until chicken is no longer pink
2. Add beans, broth, chilies and seasonings. Bring to a boil.
3. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 30 minutes.
4. (I like to mash the beans at the end of the 30minutes, to make it thicker and more creamy, but its up to you).
5. Remove from heat; stir in sour cream and cream. Serve immediately.
I have to admit, this isn’t the prettiest looking dinner. I wouldn’t recommend serving it when company comes, because it isn’t incredibly fancy. But it tastes SO GOOD! Like I said, good football-watching food!